Last Updated: September 9, 2022
Dynaboard is committed to protecting the personal information of individuals who interact with us. This Policy applies to the personal information we collect and use for our own purposes (i.e., as a “data controller”), during any written, electronic or oral communication or collected online or offline when:
- You provide us with personal information in registering to use our Dynaboard Platform Services (together with the Website, collectively, the “Services”); and
- You visit our branded social media pages, visit our offices, receive communication from us, register or attend our events, programs or webinars, or ask questions about our Services.
Our Website may include links to websites and/or applications operated and maintained by third parties. Please note that we have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of those third parties.
Information you provide to us.
Customers. To become a Customer or subscribe to our email notifications, you must provide us with your email address. In order to provide our Services, we must collect information about your transactions with us in relation to the Services, including information relating to any purchases you make. We may collect the following information for you to subscribe to our Services: basic identifying information such as your first and last name, title, job position, employer, contact information (company, email address, phone number, and physical business address), User IDs and passwords, contact preferences, credit card information to provide our Services, and name or alias for each of your individuals that will be using your account (“Authorized Users”) (collectively “Account Information”). By voluntarily providing us with this information, you represent that you are the owner of such personal information or are otherwise authorized to provide it to us, specifically, if you as a Customer provide us information about Authorized Users, you represent that the user has not objected to such processing.
We also collect information that you or your Authorized Users provide to us when you contact us for customer service, technical support, or for any other purposes related to our Services.
Website Visitors. When you visit our Website, we collect personal information that you provide us such as when you voluntarily post material, request further information about our Services, when you sign up for a Dynaboard event or webinar, or when you report a problem with our Website. Note that on some forms, collection of certain information is required in order for us to respond to your inquiry. We may also collect personal information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, or during phone calls with sales representatives. The personal information we collect may include contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number or email address), professional information (such as your job title, department or job role), and contact preferences.
We also process the personal information in the records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
You also may voluntarily choose to provide personal information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "post" or "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, " User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. If you elect to post User Contributions, any personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose, becomes available to the public. If you remove information that you posted, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information we collect from you automatically.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: (a) details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use our Services; (b) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:(i) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (ii) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests; (iii) speed up your searches; and (iv) recognize you when you return to our Services. For more information about the cookies and tracking technologies we may use please review the Cookie section below.
Information we collect from third parties. From time to time, we may obtain information about you from our third party sources as required or permitted by applicable law. These sources may include:
- Joint Marketing Partners & Resellers: For example, unless prohibited by applicable law, joint marketing partners or resellers may share information about you with us so that we can better understand which of our Services may be of interest to you.
- Advertising Networks & Analytics Providers: We work with these providers to provide us with de-identified information about how you found our Sites and how you interact with the Sites and Services. This information may be collected prior to account creation.
- Social Media Platforms: If you interact with us on social media or use features, such as plugins, widgets, or other tools made available by social media platforms or networks (including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, YouTube, and Pinterest) in connection with our Website, we collect information that you share with us, or that the social media platforms share with us. For more information about the privacy practices of those social media platforms, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use.
- Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as data analytics providers, marketing or advertising service providers, fraud prevention service providers, vendors that provide services on our behalf, or publicly available sources.
Flash Cookies and LocalStorage. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies and LocalStorage are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Dynaboard, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers - like Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari - include the ability to transmit "Do Not Track" or "DNT" signals. Since uniform standards for "DNT" signals have not been adopted, our online Properties do not currently process or respond to "DNT" signals. We take privacy seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
We may use anonymized or aggregate information for any business purpose, including to better understand customer needs and behaviors, improve our Services, conduct business intelligence and marketing, and detect security threats. We may perform our own analytics on anonymized data or enable analytics provided by third parties.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. In general, we use personal information to create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our Services and be able to offer our services and products. We may also use your personal information to:
- Provide Our Services. We process your personal information to enter into a contract. provide our Services to you, to manage your account, and to communicate with you about your use of our Services.
- Respond to Requests. We may process your personal information when you contact us, such as with questions, concerns and feedback. We share this information with third parties upon your request, or our service providers or partners to the extent necessary to provide you a response. Without your personal information, we cannot respond to you or ensure your continued use and enjoyment of our Services.
- Facilitate and Evaluate Use of the Services. We may use your personal information to provide you with the Services, to facilitate your use of the online services (such as facilitating navigation and the login process, preserving information between sessions and enhancing security), to improve quality, to evaluate page response rates and determine content.
- Improve the Accuracy of Our Records. We may use the personal information we receive from you or third parties to better understand you and/or maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you.
- Ensure the Security of Our Services. We may process your personal information to help monitor, prevent and detect fraud, enhance security, and combat spam or other malware or security risks. combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks; improve and enforce our security measures; and to monitor the security of our Services.
- Quality Control and Training. We may use or access personal information for the purposes of quality control related to the Services and staff training.
- Post Testimonials. We may use personal information to post testimonials on our Website. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. You can request your testimonial be updated or deleted at any time by sending a request with your name, testimonial location and contact information.
- Provide Marketing Communications. We may use information we obtain from you, your interactions with Dynaboard and our Services, and from third party sources to provide you with marketing and promotional communications, to deliver targeted and relevant advertising and marketing to you, to determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns, to better understand you and your preferences, and to position and promote our services and products. Our marketing will be conducted in accordance with your advertising / marketing preferences and as permitted by applicable law.
- Communication About Events. Dynaboard and our partners may use your personal information to communicate with you about our events or our partner events. After the event, Dynaboard may contact you about the event and related products and services, and may share information about your attendance with our conference sponsors and partners, where legally permitted to do so. If a partner or conference sponsor directly requests your personal information at their conference booths or presentations, your personal information will be handled in accordance with their privacy practices.
For individuals who are located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland or the United Kingdom (collectively, “Europe Residents”) at the time of data collection, our legal bases for processing your information under the applicable data protection laws will depend on the personal information at issue, the specific context in the which the personal data is collected and the purposes for which it is used. We generally only process your data where we are legally required to; where processing is necessary to perform any contracts we entered with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you; where processing is in our legitimate interests to operate our business and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms,; or where we have obtained your consent to do so. Below is a chart showing how Dynaboard uses your personal information, as described above in Section 5, with the corresponding legal basis for each processing activity.
|Section & Purpose of Processing||Legal Bases for Processing|
|5(f) Ensure the Security of Our Services |
5(d) Improve the Accuracy of Our Records
|Based on our legal obligations.|
|5(a) Provide Our Services |
5(b) Respond to Request
5(c) Facilitate and Evaluate Use of the Services
|Based on our contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract.|
|5(e) Personalize Your Experience |
5(g) Quality Control and Training
5(j) Communicate About Events Research and Development of Our Services
|Based on our legitimate interest to operate our business and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedom.|
|5(h) Post Testimonials |
5(i) Provide Marketing Communications (when not based on legitimate interest under the applicable law)
|Based on your consent|
We share your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy and as permitted by applicable law. We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- When We Work with Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as secure website hosting, cloud storage, information technology maintenance, transaction monitoring, network infrastructure, payment processing, security, fraud detections, customer support and analytics.
- With Payment Processors. Upon your authorization, we may share your personal information with financial institutions that we partner with to process payments.
- With Our Professional Business Advisors. We may share your personal information with our professional advisors who provide banking, legal, compliance, and other consulting services in order to complete required legal audits of our operations, or otherwise comply with our legal obligations.
- Corporate Transactions. We may disclose personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by us is among the assets transferred. By engaging with us or using our Services, you understand and agree to our assignment or transfer of rights to your personal information.
- As Required by Law. We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency), or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of Dynaboard or our Customers.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your personal data for any purpose with your consent. For example, to other data controllers whose terms of service you consented to.
We store your personal information securely throughout the life of your Account with Dynaboard. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations or to resolve disputes. While retention requirements vary by jurisdiction, information about our typical retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are described below.
- Contact Information such as your name, email address and telephone number for marketing purposes is retained on an ongoing basis until you unsubscribe. Thereafter we will add your details to our suppression list to ensure we do not inadvertently market to you.
- Recording of our telephone calls with you may be kept for a period of up to six years.
- Information collected via technical means such as cookies, web page counters and other analytics tools is kept for a period of up to one year from expiry of the cookie.
Dynaboard maintains (and requires its service providers to maintain) appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any personal information we process. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to secure your information, or any data you, your employees, or agents provide to us pursuant to your role as an employee of another business ("Business Data"), from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. For more information on our security practices please refer to: https://dynaboard.com/docs/security.
The safety and security of your information depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information or Business Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services. We are not responsible for the security measures for any third party.
We do not knowingly request to collect personal information from any person under the age of 16. If a user submitting personal information is suspected of being younger than 16 years of age, we will require the user to close his or her account and will not allow the user to continue using our Services. We will also take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please notify us if you know of any individuals under the age of 16 using our Services so we can take action to prevent access to our Services.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Marketing Communications. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. Direct marketing includes any communications to you that are only based on advertising or promoting our products and services. We will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) based on our legitimate interests, as permitted by applicable law, or your consent. To the extent we can and do rely on legitimate interest under the applicable law, we will only send you information about our Services that are like those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. We will contact you by electronic means for marketing purposes only if you have consented to such communication. You may raise such objections regarding initial or further processing for purposes of direct marketing, at any time and free of charge.
If you do not wish to receive non-transaction/security-related communications from us, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the communication or contact us via email or where specified in the “Contact Us” section, below. Please note that “opt-out” and “unsubscribe” requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process and apply, during which time your Information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. Additionally, you should be aware that any Information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt-out or unsubscribe will not be retrieved or rescinded, unless required by applicable law.
Analytics. We use Google Analytics, Segment, and Facebook Pixel. For information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics, available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For more information on the privacy practices of Segment, please visit: https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook Pixel please visit: https://www.facebook.com/business/m/privacy-and-data.
Cookies. Your browser may provide you with the option to refuse some or all browser cookies. You may also be able to remove cookies from your browser. You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served on our Site by taking the steps outlined below.
- First-Party Cookies. You can use the browser with which you are viewing this Site to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Site. Also, if you disable cookies other parts of the Services may not work properly. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third-Party Cookies. To opt-out of third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use advertising cookies go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Once you click the link you may choose to opt-out of such advertising from all participating advertising companies or only advertising provided by specific advertising entities. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, please see http://www.aboutads.info/consumers.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You can decide whether to accept cookies. If you do not want us to deploy cookies in your browser, you may exercise your preference by modifying your web browser setting to either (1) refuse some or all cookies, or (2) notify you and ask for your permission when a website tries to set a cookie. If you want to learn the correct way to modify your browser settings, please use the “Help,” “Tools” or “Edit” menu in your browser or review the instructions provided by the following browsers:
If you disable or remove cookies, some parts of the Services may not function properly. Information may still be collected and used for other purposes, such as research, online services analytics or internal operations, and to remember your opt-out preferences.
Depending on applicable law where you reside, you may be able to assert certain rights related to your personal information identified below. If any of the rights listed below are not provided under law for your operating entity or jurisdiction, Dynaboard has absolute discretion in providing you with those rights.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider your request under applicable law. When we receive an individual rights request via email, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request to protect your privacy and security. We may ask you to identify which country you are located in when you use or access some of the Services, or we may rely on your IP address to identify which country you are located in to determine your rights under the applicable data protection law in your jurisdiction. Your rights to personal information are not absolute. Depending upon the applicable law, access to your rights under the applicable law may be denied: (a) when denial of access is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting access would have a negative impact on another's privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; (d) where the request is frivolous or vexatious, or for other reasons.
- Right not to provide consent or to withdraw consent. We may seek to rely on your consent in order to process certain personal information. Where we do so, you have the right not to provide your consent or to withdraw your consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right of access and/or portability. You may have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you and, in some limited circumstances, have that data provided to you so that you can provide or 'port' that data to another provider.
- Right of erasure. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to the erasure of personal information that we hold about you (for example if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected).
- Right to object to processing. You may have the right to request that we stop processing your personal information and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to rectification. You may have the right to require us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- Right to restrict processing. You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is not accurate or lawfully held).
- Automated individual decision-making, including profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of your personal information, including profiling, which produces legal or similarly significant effects on you, save for the exceptions applicable under relevant data protection laws. We do not engage in this type of automated processing.
- Right to lodge a complaint to your local Data Protection Authority. You may have the right to lodge a complaint with your national Data Protection Authority or equivalent regulatory body.
If for any reason you are unsatisfied with our response to your exercising any rights afforded to you by applicable law and as set forth in this Policy, you may contact us at email@example.com. In such communication we ask that you specify the nature of your dissatisfaction and we will endeavor to respond to you promptly.