Last Updated: September 8, 2022
If you believe that a web application created by a Dynaboard customer contains or otherwise infringes the copyright rights in your copyrighted material and you are unable to resolve such dispute directly with the owner and/or administrator of the web application (including by submitting a complaint to the DMCA agent designated by the owner and/or administrator of the web application), you may submit a notice of infringement to Dynaboard’s designated copyright agent (“Designated Agent”) pursuant to Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”):
Submitting the notice
Notices of Infringement must contain the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the Dynaboard to locate the material (e.g. URLs containing the material claimed to be infringing).
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Dynaboard to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Dynaboard’s Designated Agent can be reached by email (preferred for faster responses) or physical mail using:
Email Address: email@example.com Subject: Attention DMCA Designated Agent
Dynaboard, Inc. Attn: DMCA Designated Agent 548 MARKET ST UNIT 58073 SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94104
What happens next?
After we receive your DMCA notice, you'll receive an email acknowledging receipt of your notice. If we have questions about your notice, we'll email you asking for more information. We request that you respond to our email so that we can continue looking into your report.
If your DMCA notice is complete and valid and the reported material is hosted by Dynaboard, we'll take action expeditiously including contacting our customer to remove or disable access to the infringing content. Additionally, failure to include the listed subject or emails sent to a different email address may result in the delay of delivery of any notice.
Whenever we remove content in response to a DMCA notice, we provide a copy of the original complaint as well as your contact information to our customer. If our customer doesn't believe that the content is infringing or that the content shouldn't be removed, they might reach out to you directly to resolve the issue or they might submit a counter-notice to us under the DMCA.
Repeat Infringer Policy
In addition, Dynaboard will terminate the accounts of repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
Please be advised that pursuant to Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that (i) material or activity is infringing, or (ii) material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, shall be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by the alleged infringer, by any copyright owner or copyright owner’s authorized licensee, or by Dynaboard, who is injured by such misrepresentation, as the result of Dynaboard relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing, or in replacing the removed material or ceasing to disable access to it.