BigQuery Resource Node
The BigQuery Resource provides access to Google's BigQuery data warehouse.
- Open the project with the BigQuery instance you'd like to connect to in the Google Cloud Console.
- Copy the Project ID from the Project info card on the home page of the dashboard and copy it into Dynaboard.
- Open the Service Accounts page and (if necessary) re-select the project containing the BigQuery instance.
- Click the "Create Service Account" button at the top of the page.
- Enter a service account ID, name, and description. Click "Create and Continue".
- Add the roles BigQuery Data Viewer and BigQuery Job User. Click "Continue".
- These roles are required to allow Dynaboard to create and run queries in BigQuery.
- Add your email to the Service accounts admins role and click "Done" to finish creating the account.
- Open your newly created service account and click on the "Keys" tab.
- Alternatively, click the more button (three dots) under Actions for the newly created service account and click the "Manage Keys" option.
- Click "Add Key" → "Create new key". Make sure JSON is selected and then click "Create".
- A JSON key will be downloaded to your computer.
- Open the downloaded JSON key with a text editor, and copy the contents of the file into Dynaboard.
- Secret fields (e.g. passwords or certificates) require clicking the ✓ to the right of the field to save the input.
- Click "Test Connection" at the bottom of the panel to verify everything works!
- A secret may be unsaved (e.g. passwords or certificates). Click the ✓ to the right of the field to save it. The text will disappear after a successful save.
- The service account may not have been created in the correct project.
- The service account may not have the right permissions or the correct JSON key.
The JSON key for a Google Cloud service account.
ID of the project containing the BigQuery instance. Note: Does not contain spaces.
Performs a query scoped on the project.